Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer is here!!

Today was the last day of school..........which, for my kids, is also the first day of summer. My Mother-in-law came down on Tuesday morning to see my youngest son "graduate" from Kindergarten. Her mother, who had lived with her for 22 years, passed away earlier this year, giving her much more freedom to spend her days as she chooses. We have thusly entered into a new relationship with Grandma Mac. She drove down on Tuesday, and will be going back home on Friday. The kids are excited, John and I actually went out to lunch (BY OURSELVES), and we may even get a dinner date out of it! What a great way to start summer!

Gavin won a Presidential Silver award for academic brilliance. One girl and one boy won it from each class. It is actually signed by President Bush........needless to say, he was VERY excited! Interestingly enough, I have been getting many congratulatory calls, which kind of makes me laugh a little, because I certainly didn't do anything! Gavin is just Gavin, a wonderful young man. Ian won the Academic Whiz award for his class. His teacher said that if anyone ever wanted to know the answer to anything, they would just ask Ian, and he would know. He also received his standardized test scores back this week.........his overall battery tests out at 7th grade, 7th month, with his language skills being Post High School. I'm still not exactly sure how an 8 year old can have post high school skills................I'm not sure if that says a lot about my son, or not so much about the average high schooler. Either way, he is doing very well and is looking forward to 3rd grade next year, but only after an amazing summer. He has already submitted his wish list for what he would like to do this summer.

I wish each of my friends a very happy summer and cheers to the power of suntan lotion!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Yea!! Way to go. Those kids of yours are just AMAZING!! What great parents they have. Enjoy your summer.

Debby Lindsi Jami

Tiger Cub Carolers

Tiger Cub Carolers