Monday, August 25, 2008

Emma's Tea Party











































Emma turned 4 this year and wanted a Tea Party in the worst way. I was thinking of my house filled with all of these little girls in fancy dresses, and wondering where I would find the time to clean my house, what I would do with my two boys, and where I would send my husband so he wouldn't go crazy. Even admidst all of these obstacles, I was determined to give her a tea party. Then, thanks to my friend, we discovered this county park with a splash pad. Not at my house, entertainment for the kids (playground AND splash pad), the boys could come and hang, (both old and young) PERFECT! Thankfully, Emma was up for the prettiest bathingsuit-splash pad-tea party too. John's Mom had bought Emma a tea set a couple of years ago and had kept it, and so she and I were thrilled that she had an appropriate gift, and I had a cake topper for her purple and pink cake! Emma loved having all of her friends over, loved serving tea, and loved generally being the center of attention. She declared it the best way to turn 4, and I agree. Also, as part of her birthday gift froom Mom and Dad, she got to design her big girl room. Can you guess what she picked?? A garden with flowers and fairies, with purple and pink walls, of course! Since I am no Martha Stewart, I was so excited about how it turned out and wanted to share a picture of it!

No comments:

Tiger Cub Carolers

Tiger Cub Carolers