Friday, March 13, 2009

Pine Wood Derby Days






Our first Pine Wood Derby is almost here! In case you aren't familiar...........Pine Wood Derby is a big event for the Cub Scouts. You get this box in February that contains a block of wood, 4 nails and 4 wheels and your 6 and 8 (and 4 in our house) year olds are supposed to make a race car that not only looks like a vehicle, but will actually work on a track too. Needless to say, John jumped right in. He took his two pine wood cars that he had made with his dad down from the shelf and showed them to the boys. He spent hours researching the best designs on the web. Then he cut out the cars, he graphited the axels, and he is currently painting them. While he works on these cars, I try my best to get the boys outside in the vicinity of the garage to pretend to help him. I think there is a fine balance between having the boys help and John wanting to do better in this race than we did in the Raingutter Ragatta sailboat race. There is just something about the Cub Scouts that brings out the little boy in the dads. I actually think Emma has been more involved in her car than either of the boys! Wish us luck! Hopefully John, er, the boys, will win a trophy!






My sister in law, Jen, tagged me in a photo game..............so here goes:






***Rules***



1. Go to your Picture Folder on your computer or wherever you store your pictures.



2. Go to the 6th Folder and then pick the 6th Picture.



3. Post it on your blog and tell the story that goes with the picture.



4. Tag 5 other glorious peoples to do the same thing and leave a comment on their blog telling them about it.


This was at our Winter Wonderland that the PTO puts on at the school every year. I love this picture because Emma looks so "pre-teen" in it to me. I relate this to the Santa pictures of the 70's that were taken of me and used in wedding videos and other such flattering places. I think this one will be around for a long time!
Now, if only I knew 5 other people with blogs I could continue the fun...........oh well!


1 comment:

Debby said...

Good luck with the Derby!!!

Somehow I missed the Jan 20th posting.......But, I was with you on the punishment...you go girl....or button pushee,,,whichever you prefer....

Tiger Cub Carolers

Tiger Cub Carolers