Friday, January 16, 2009

My Post Office Story

Ok, so I called my sister with this story and she said that it was "blog-worthy" so here goes.......I was at the post office mailing a Chinese New Year outift to my sister for her youngest daughter. I was at the counter and there were 4 people waiting in line: a stressed out looking lady, a construction worker, and a man in a business suit. The post office lady was helping me, so my back was turned to the people waiting. Now, you know how a post office is, it is a quasi library. Everyone is quiet, you keep a respectful distance between you and the people around you, as if what they are mailing is highly personal information. So, you can imagine the shock and surprise when the stressed out lady all of a sudden, in a very loud and hostile tone, said, "you have no idea what it's like to walk in my shoes. Nobody can judge me" I can tell you without any exaggeration, that the 7 of us all turned in unison to look for the gun we were sure she had in her hand. We were in the middle of a crazy gun weilding lady situation. We were all looking for the fastest escape route, the best place to duck behind cover, and quickest way out. The only one who was unaware of what was going on was the crazy, stressed out lady, who was so busy talking on her blue tooth that she has no idea the panic she had just caused. There was a large collective sigh amongst the rest of us when we all realized at the same time that there was no gun and she was indeed talking to someone on the phone. We all kind of made eye contact with each other and smiled and congratulated ourselves that we had just survived this ordeal. she continued with her many sided conversation and mailed whatever she was mailing, never aware of the rest of us. Too bad she won't have a story to blog about!

1 comment:

Debby said...

You have to blog about your Hallmark commercial moment now too!!!!

Tiger Cub Carolers

Tiger Cub Carolers