Sunday, January 18, 2009

My sister, my friend

My sister is my very best friend. Oh, sure, I have lots of other friends who are incredibly dear to me and without their presence in my life, I would be adrift. But, my sister, makes me whole. As much as it confounds my poor hubby, I talk to my sister on the phone easily once or twice a day.......sometimes with back to back conversations. When the planets are not aligned and I miss a day of talking to her, it's like we haven't spoken in weeks. We have children who are the same age, we both face the same challenges of motherhood, she honestly loves my children, she actually thinks that at times I am a decent Mom, and she empowers me daily to be a better Mom, a better woman, a better person. She is always the voice of reason. I have called her with tears of joy and with tears of frustration, and she has never let me down. Ok, once in a while I can't find her via her many different phones, and I get a little miffed............afterall, when I need her, nobody else will do! (wow, that almost sounds like a stalker). Recently, she brought my Mom down for an afternoon and the three of us went shopping and had lunch and it was an amazingly fun time. (see, those friends of mine that ground me took my kids so I could spend this time with my Mom and sister) It makes me wish that we lived closer............although, if we did, I would never get anything done! So, for the sake of friendship, sisterhood, and family, I am committed to keep up with my blogging this year...............I honestly think she may come down to my home (about 100 miles away) and manipulate my fingers on the keyboard if I don't start blogging more. Hey, that actually might be a good way of having her visit me...........Here's a shout out to my sister, my best friend. NOW...........stop bugging me to blog!! LOL (stay tuned for more sister pressured blogs to come)

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Cool post...glad you're blogging again! I hope one day to have this type of relationship with EITHER of my siblings!

Tiger Cub Carolers

Tiger Cub Carolers